Fedora clean up process seems to be seriously broken...

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 13:48:52 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----

The problem here is that in my eyes there are no inactive contributors and
there shouldn't be anything preventing people from contributing (even if it's one update per year).
While I agree that projects that FTBFS, can't be installed and etc. should be purged every release, everything
else should be out of question because the fact that someone considers something legacy
doesn't mean that it's not usable for others. And to make it clear handling bugs is not a measure at all about activity.
So if you come with a technical list of things that make sure that a package is unusable for 100%(e.g. can't be installed because of missing dependency) of the users
 it's not a question that it should be removed, but if there is someone that signed as a maintainer and
there is even a slight possibility that someone can use nothing more can be required from the maintainer.
Note the usage of required, all kind of suggestions can be made and people can do additional work but everyone should do as much as he can/want/have fun to do.

Alex