Self Introduction: Stefan Lesicnik

stefan at lsd.co.za stefan at lsd.co.za
Tue Nov 22 21:09:01 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Below is my introduction as per [0]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageSubmissionQAPolicy. I have
recently changed over to Fedora as my main desktop currently running
on an Apple Mac. Professionally the company I work for are Red Hat &
JBoss partners and I enjoy working with RHEL in enterprise
environments.I am a RHCE and RHCI. Fedora is a great platform for me
as it provides a great tech preview to RHEL and benefits from many Red
Hat and community member contributions.

My main driving factor for this introduction is to submit a package I
have packaged - [1] macfanctld. This is a small program that watches
sensors on a Mac Book Pro and adjusts the fan speeds to keep
temperatures in acceptable ranges. I have found a few forum requests
[2] for this and after my laptop shutting down from over heating, it
provided a great way to get into and learn rpm packaging.

So here we go

    Full legal name: Stefan Lesicnik
    City, Country: Johannesburg, South Africa
    Profession: Linux Consultant
    Company: LSD - http://www.lsd.co.za/
    Your goals in the Fedora Project: Currently my goal is to learn as
much as I can about the Fedora process and packing. Longer term I
would like to evolve naturally into roles within the project.
Potentially become a co-maintainer of some packages and eventually a
sponsor to assist others.
    Which packages do you want to see published: As mentioned
macfanctld which I have packaged. Additionally I am also interested in
the wine project and security.
    Do you want to do QA: Yes
    Anything else special: I created a web page tracker to track
security updates in Debian not in Ubuntu yet. [3]
    Historical qualifications: Not really sure what this question means.
    What other projects have you worked on in the past: I am a MOTU
[4] on the Ubuntu Project
    What computer languages and other skills do you know: Python is my
favourite language and I know enough of most others to get me into
trouble
    Why should we trust you: I hope my previous work history and trust
in me by the Ubuntu project convey some level of trust

[stefan at meep x]$ gpg --fingerprint AB0D9283
pub   4096R/AB0D9283 2011-01-06
      Key fingerprint = CE15 CB97 B5C4 34D4 CD75  7E64 2494 4448 AB0D 9283
uid                  Stefan Lesicnik <stefan at lsd.co.za>
uid                  Stefan Lesicnik <stefanlsd at ubuntu.com>
sub   4096R/AC02029E 2011-01-06

[0] - The URL to the devel mailing list in this page is outdated.
Tried to fix it but it's a protected page
[1] - https://launchpad.net/macfanctld
[2] - http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=268558
[3] - http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/d2u/
[4] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/stefanlsd