A Glorious Vision of Our Shared Update Feedback Future (bodhi, karma, and proventesters, oh my)

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Wed Nov 23 01:32:29 UTC 2011

tis 2011-11-22 klockan 14:03 -0800 skrev Adam Williamson:

> The proposal is to treat a PT hitting the panic button even more
> dramatically than a registered user hitting it, the idea being that PTs
> should be somewhat better informed and hence less likely to trigger it
> falsely, and that we have the mechanism to withdraw PT privileges,

right, there is an issue here.

panic is panic no matter who pushes the panic button. There should not
be a barrier for pushing the panic button when finding an issue. Think
of fire alarms in the real world.

Interface can be designed in such manner that pushing the button needs a
conscious decision knowing what pushing the button means. And if someone
misuses the panic button then that can be dealt with in various ways.

I would however trust PT with the responsibility to release the button
when verified false, in addition to the person who pushed the button.
This is not something I would trust anyone with an FAS account.

Regards
Henrik