systemd, disabling cryptsetup device

Jan Vcelak jvcelak at redhat.com
Thu Nov 24 10:23:37 UTC 2011

Hi everyone!

Is there a way of forcing systemd not to mount an encrypted partition when booting the system? I have one encrypted partition (on LVM) on my laptop, which I do not want to have mounted automatically. I'm mounting it only when I need it with a simple script.

With F15, masking the cryptsetup at luks*.service file worked. (The password prompt appeared and disappeared in a second, which didn't mind.) But this no longer works with F16. So, is there a way? Is this behavior intended, or is it a regression?

my kernel options:  ro root=/dev/mapper/vg_nb-lv_root rd_LVM_LV=vg_nb/lv_root rd_NO_LUKS rd_NO_MD rd_NO_DM

Jan