epel 6 fedpkg build or koji scratch builds failing — I'm stumped

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Thu Nov 24 16:36:55 UTC 2011

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
>>> Perhaps there's some extra fedpkg flag I should be using for epel builds?
>>
>> Perhaps try without parallel make?
>
> Yes, that makes it work.
>
> Thanks for the tip.

When running make from the command line, I always use -j$N, for 1 < N.
But of course, I rarely type the -j option.
Not only do builds complete more quickly, but doing that
helps flush out problems like yours.

I run this shell code to create an alias:

  _make_init()
  {
    local n=$(nproc 2>/dev/null || getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN 2>/dev/null)
    test "$n" -gt 0 \
      || n=$(grep -c '^processor  :' /proc/cpuinfo 2>/dev/null)
    case $n in 0) n=1;; esac
    local make_j=$((2 * $n + 1))
    # Create an alias for "make" that uses -j$N, where $N is determined
    # once at shell start-up.
    alias make="make -j$make_j"
  }
  _make_init