Self introduction

Giovanni Campagna scampa.giovanni at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 22:43:06 UTC 2011

Hello Fedora developers,

I'm Giovanni Campagna and I'm a first year student of informatics
engineering at Politecnico di Milano.
Some of you may already know me because I'm also an upstream contributor
and part-time developer for GNOME (in particular in the Shell area), but
this time I decided to dive deep in the land of distributions.

I've been a Fedora user since Fedora 11, coming from a Kubuntu (and of
course Windows) background. I liked it from the very beginning, as it
seemed a very professional and solid system.
From that, I've seen it grow and change, adding and improving on the
best technology available every 6 months, and so far I'm very happy with
the results.
This is to say, great job everyone!

As for me coming here, it's because I want to improve it even more,
finding where it lacks compared to the competition and fixing it. I
believe that the ultimate goal of Fedora, and free software in general,
is market domination, so we want to provide the best product ever.
(The rest is just business, which is easy, right? [cit.])
In any case, I don't want to pollute this introductory mail with
technical details, so I'll illustrate the area I'd like to work on in
the next mail.

See you soon,

Giovanni