A software center for Fedora

Giovanni Campagna scampa.giovanni at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 23:28:27 UTC 2011

Il giorno sab, 26/11/2011 alle 00.24 +0100, Heiko Adams ha scritto:
> Am 26.11.2011 00:18, schrieb drago01:
> > On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Brendan Jones
> > <brendan.jones.it at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Are we in a race?
> >
> > Not sure what you are trying to say ... but the current situation
> > simply sucks from a users pov.
> >
> > We should focus on fixing it.
>
> Would you jump from a building too if ubuntu guys are doing?
> In other words: copying every idea - no matter how stupid - just
> because ubuntu is doing it, doesn't bring any benifit to fedora IMHO.
> Or do we already have unity as primary desktop too, like ubuntu?

I think no one is implying that we should have a software center just
because Ubuntu has one. What I meant is that they have it, we don't, and
we need it because it's an application installer, and it has a nice and
easy to use UI (better that gpk-application, at least).
Or you have any reason to say that this is idea is stupid?

Giovanni