A software center for Fedora

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Sun Nov 27 01:06:51 UTC 2011

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> Can someone help me understand whats being asked for here? I can only
> guess that I'm not the only person confused by this thread.

Icons. The only thing I can see that Giovanni has mentioned that Packagekit
doesn't provide is icons. Presumably he wants each application's own icon to
be displayed in the list of available applications. Packagekit seems to
display those only for installed packages, which is understandable as it would
otherwise have to download all the packages and extract the icons.

Other than that, perhaps he just likes the user interface of Software Center
better.

Björn Persson