A software center for Fedora

Bernd Stramm bernd.stramm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 15:50:17 UTC 2011

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 21:00:45 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/27/2011 08:31 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> >> Welcome to the real world.
> >
> > i know and it is sad enough as it is now
> >
> > but is it really the right way to support this more than needed
> > and give all the lern-resistent peopole the feeling the are on
> > the right way?
>
> Learn resistant? don't be elitist.  Computers are tools.  Making
> things easier for busy people or the non-hackers is part of making
> free and open source software useful for everyone.

I think this is going a little far. Saying that people are better off
being able to read is not elitist. And like or not, we who make
tools are doing a part of building the world. Should we try to make
it better, or simple more convenient?

Computers are tools, and using them the wrong way can cause a lot
of damage. The most convenient interface for the lazy is not always the
best.

--
Bernd Stramm
bernd.stramm at gmail.com