systemd, disabling cryptsetup device

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Mon Nov 28 08:50:53 UTC 2011

> > > my kernel options:  ro root=/dev/mapper/vg_nb-lv_root
> > > rd_LVM_LV=vg_nb/lv_root rd_NO_LUKS rd_NO_MD rd_NO_DM
> >
> > You want to use "rd.luks.uuid" kernel option. See "man
> > dracut.kernel".
>
> rd_NO_LUKS (or rd.luks=0) disables LUKS detection
> entirely. I believe this is not about initrd...
>
> Jan

Sorry, I don't understand you. Your request was "don't mount a specific encrypted volume during boot", right? Then use "rd.luks.uuid=UUID" kernel options to specify *all other* encrypted partitions you want to mount. Those not specified won't be mounted (and you won't be asked for their password). See man page.