rawhide java versioning issue?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Tue Nov 29 19:38:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 09:02 -0500, Deepak Bhole wrote:
> Java 7 needs to become the default JDK for rawhide. We will start working
> on this over the coming few days. Until done, Java stuff might be broken
> here and there.

yeah new Java breaks build of VirtualBox-4.1.6 (from rpmfusion)

I got this error
warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with
-source 1.5
/builddir/build/BUILD/VirtualBox-4.1.6_OSE/obj/obj/vboxjxpcom-gen/jxpcomgen/java/glue/Helper.java:123: error: name clash: unwrap(List<Integer>) and unwrap(List<Short>) have the same erasure
    public static int[] unwrap(List<Integer> vals)
{

^
/builddir/build/BUILD/VirtualBox-4.1.6_OSE/obj/obj/vboxjxpcom-gen/jxpcomgen/java/glue/Helper.java:135: error: name clash: unwrap(List<Long>) and unwrap(List<Short>) have the same erasure
    public static long[] unwrap(List<Long> vals) {

> As a workaround, you can manually install java-1.7.0-openjdk{,-devel}
> and it should be fine.

the build is with mock , I don't understand your suggestion .
Can we use java 1.6 or java 1.6 is in repo of rawhide ?

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.