GNOME 3 - font point sizes now scaled?

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 16:56:50 UTC 2011

On 10/3/11 11:43 AM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 17:34:45 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>> I'm not sure how we can make DPI magically be correct in gazillions of
>> broken displays' EDID.
>
> If not blacklisting then whitelisting them, you have the community.  This is
> X.org's task, though.

Speaking as Xorg: No, we don't.  You have _no_ idea how many displays
there are.  There's nothing like effective coverage to be had here.

More to the point, your DPI numbers would be per-output anyway, so
there's no picking a single point size preference, the same size in
pixels would be different sizes in millimeters on each output.

You can't win at this.  Don't try.

- ajax