systemd and mounting filesystems

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Oct 5 08:09:57 UTC 2011

On 04/10/11 23:28, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Wed, 05.10.11 00:18, Lennart Poettering (mzerqung at 0pointer.de) wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 04.10.11 15:02, Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu) wrote:
>>
>>> I have a similar problem with some bind mounts over the root filesystem
>>> where systemd mounts them while the rootfs is still ro and hence they
>>> all wind up as ro until I remount them.
>>
>> Is there a bugzilla about this?
>>
>> This is an interesting issue to think about. I wonder what the right fix
>> should be though: delay all bind mounts after the / remount?

Well I guess the optimal solution is to work out which binds are over
the root filesystem and delay those, or indeed in general to delay bind
mounts until their source filesystem is mounted. That may be somewhat
hard to do though ;-)

> Hmm, if you change /etc/fstab and explicitly specify "rw" as option of
> the bind mount, does that fix the issue?

I have been, and no, it doesn't (until you do a mount -o remount on the
filesystem, at which point it is applied).

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/