Fedora kernel bug day.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Oct 5 12:33:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 15:36:27 -0400,
  Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:

> So we're thinking of trying this again this thursday with a focus on 16,
> (but triage work on older releases is welcomed too).

I have a bug (36242 at the unavailable kernel bugzilla and 684424 in Fedora)
where sound being played using my motherboard sound chip and high I/O
(it seems like network traffic more so than disk) results in a hang.
I haven't been able to get a crash dump or traceback once the hang occurs. I'd
be interested in getting this bug looked at, but I think I need some
suggestions for how to get a traceback, or there isn't going to be enough info
to track this down. I tried some kernel boot parameters to get watchdog
timeouts, but that didn't work. Maybe I need to rebuild the kernel with
a different config to really enable that feature though?