Fedora 16 beta vice Knoppix

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 19:52:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 5:56 AM, Kay Sievers <kay.sievers at vrfy.org> wrote:
> There is no general rule, but anything that calls 'udevadm settle' is
> suspicious and should be carefully checked if it does not rely on
> assumptions which just bet on luck and can't reliably work in hotplug
> setups.

Kay,

Is there a general purpose way to get an accounting of the number of
udev events or the maximum length of the unhandled event que since
boot( or since some point in time)? Basically a way to ask how many
events udev has been asked to handle prior to the existing call to
settle as it exists now in the boot process of Fedora. Not all events
are equal, but I'd like to make sure that when I'm looking at settle
timing in different situations I have a rough idea of how much work
udev has been asked to do ahead of that settle call.

-jef