tcplay: BSD-licensed alternative to TrueCrypt

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 11:54:26 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 3:37 AM, Eric Smith <eric at brouhaha.com> wrote:
> There was discussion back in 2007 of TrueCrypt, and the conclusion was
> that the license was non-free, with several major problems.

Just an FYI, unless you specifically want to stay away from
problematic licences (i.e. Fedora) but don't have a problem using RPM
Fusion, you can install RealCrypt. It's IS TruCrypt just re-branded.

If I remember correctly it's not that TrueCrypt is non-free, but that
the license is incompatible with Fedora and upstream was not willing
to budge on that so it was re-branded instead.

Richard