BTRFS on LVM causes long fedora-storage-init run?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 16:20:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Clyde E. Kunkel
<clydekunkel7734 at cox.net> wrote:
> Don't really know...but, if no LV snapshots, then suspect BTRFS as it is
> still very experimental.  There is a newer lvm2
> (lvm2-2.02.84-4.fc15.x86_64) which fixed the LVM snapshot problem and
> systemd (systemd-26-10.fc15.x86_64) for F15.

I rebooted a few times just to make sure it's not a scheduled fsck
(not that there is a full fsck for BTRFS yet) and the hard drive light
is on pretty solid the whole time...

If I have time this weekend I may try booting live media to do do a
manual filesystem setup without LVM and reinstall. It's my laptop so I
don't keep anything critical on it.

Thanks,
Richard