PA 1.0 for FC16?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Oct 8 17:45:06 UTC 2011

Am 08.10.2011 19:34, schrieb Tomasz Torcz:
> On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 12:23:04PM -0500, Conan Kudo (ニール・ゴンパ) wrote:
>> It might be better to make a case to bend the rules for PulseAudio and have
>> it included in Fedora 16. It could be problematic if more programs have
>> issues like wine where they won't work with pre-1.0 PulseAudio properly or
>> reliably.
>
>   I think it's too late for F16 to do such drastic changes.  We are way after
> freeze.  PA is a core component and should be tested thorugfully before including
> in releasee. Ubuntu shipped 0.99 snapshots for some time and had enough tests apparently.

and so we better release AGAIN known broken things in the fear to POSSIBLE
break anyhting? this is the same as happened with F15/MySQL without systemd
unit and the guidlines forbid convert this after the release

the same: to be carful not break things is not very smart if there
are things broken i would fix with a change and ingore them because
fear or call it like you want