PA 1.0 for FC16?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Oct 8 20:44:55 UTC 2011

Am 08.10.2011 22:36, schrieb Peter Robinson:
> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Gilboa Davara <gilboad at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Short question:
>> PA 1.0 was released ~1 month ago.
>> According to the wine developers, the updated mmdevapi layer (the wine
>> layer that emulates the Windows sound system) more-or-less requires
>> current PA (1.0?) to work reliably. [1]
>> For now, sound is completely broken under wine on any of my workstations [2].
>> Any chance of having it land in F16 or is it rawhide only for now?
>>
>> P.S. As far as I can gather, Ubuntu 11.10 will most likely ship w/ PA 1.0.
>
> Since when has that ever been part of the a decision making process
> for what Fedora does?

well, but why nobody is interested in getting new things stable before
they are released (pulseaudio is a good example in the state it was
released the first time with fedora some time ago) but after they are
introduced we are rely on existing problems/bugs and take a deep breath
instead going forward to improve the tings and update already released
components

if there would be much more care by introducing new features/replacements
my understanding for the fear of update thmen after that would be much higher

as long fedora is shooting out new features without any care if they are
really ready fdora should also update them - systemd as best example

and no - this is not flaming - this is simply the wish if i get new
software which is not really ready but seems good anough for a GA-release
i expect updates of this software are more than good enough to be push ASAP