Firefox on Fedora: No longer funny

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Oct 8 21:51:01 UTC 2011

Am 08.10.2011 23:43, schrieb Christoph Wickert:
> Since Mozilla switched to the new rapid release model, Firefox in Fedora
> is no longer fun: Every 6 weeks a new major version hits our stable
> release and breaks Firefox horribly:
>       * My favorite extensions (and actually the only thing that keeps
>         me using FF) stop working. In the last 7 weeks I had to pitch in
>         three times and update packages to get things working again

this makes me crazy too but as long as upstream is braindead
and packing security-fixes only in major-version upgrades not solveable

>       * Firefox falls back to English as there is no language pack
>         provided. I have to go go the FTP server and download and
>         install the XPI file manually

there must be something terrible worong on your system
i never got any firefox in the past 6 years with was not in german
language - independent of version / fedora-package, upstream package