Firefox on Fedora: No longer funny

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 17:14:45 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 05:28, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 09.10.2011, 12:58 +0200 schrieb drago01:
>> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Christoph Wickert
>> <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> That just reminds me while packing firefox extensions is not a good idea.
>
> How else would you install an extension globally for all users?

How many multi-user systems run firefox from them? At the university
where I used to work we "had" this and it was awful because the tool
itself isn't written for this use case. This was a problem in 2008..
it hasn't gotten any better since then. Very few applications are
written with the "old" world view of centralizing usage. It doesn't
fit either the largest use case (one user->one device) or the newer
"centralized" usage where items are in a cloud and gotten through a
"portal" system. I think our old way of doing things is becoming a
corner case to be routed around.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren