Firefox on Fedora: No longer funny

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 9 18:36:44 UTC 2011

Am Sonntag, den 09.10.2011, 11:14 -0600 schrieb Stephen John Smoogen:
> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 05:28, Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, den 09.10.2011, 12:58 +0200 schrieb drago01:
>

> >> That just reminds me while packing firefox extensions is not a good idea.
> >
> > How else would you install an extension globally for all users?
> >

> How many multi-user systems run firefox from them?

Actually I maintain some computers with multi-user FF installs and I'd
like to be able to install important extensions like adblockplus and
noscript automatically and I need to be sure that all users of the
computer will continue to use these extensions without having to update
them. Even though the update is simple many people don't do it and as a
result the extensions get disabled.

I am not sure if packaging FF extensions is wise, but I know there are
valid use cases and I am convinced that we as the Fedora project can
handle the updates better then we currently do. I am not demanding
something unreasonable, all I want is that we apply our update
guidelines to one of the key applications we ship.

Regards,
Christoph