BTRFS on LVM causes long fedora-storage-init run?

Josef Bacik josef at toxicpanda.com
Mon Oct 10 13:18:03 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Josef Bacik <josef at toxicpanda.com> wrote:
>>> What Tomasz said, and if that doesn't help use bootchart and upload
>>> the chart somewhere so I can see what's going on.  Thanks,
>>
>> Here's my bootchart link before making any modifications:
>>
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34775202/boot.png
>
> Here's after adding the suggested mount options:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34775202/reboot.png

This one still shows a btrfs-cache-# thread, which means it was doing
the old slow method.  This is expected since we'll do the old method
for every block group we don't have our space cache setup for.  So
reboot a few times, let it get all of it's cache setup, and then do
another bootchart so I can see if it's still doing the old caching for
some reason.  Thanks,

Josef