Firefox on Fedora: No longer funny

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Mon Oct 10 17:40:02 UTC 2011

On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 13:16:52 +0200
Thomas Spura <tomspur at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> It would be great, when bodhi would allow me to add an updated
> mozilla-noscript to the firefox update, when I notice, that the new
> firefox upadate in testing breaks it.
> Otherwise, firefox is pushed to stable more faster, than
> mozilla-noscript and it's broken for some time, till it was long
> enought in updates-testing.
>
> It's NOT possible to push it faster out there, because I usually don't
> get much karma. For the last update, I got 2 new bug reports, that
> noscript is broken, but not a single +1 karma for the same issue,
> although linking in both bug reports and being in updates-testing
> anyways...
>
> (Hope to not get the usual "That's the job of AutoQA" answer...)

On the bright side, I don't see how AutoQA could help in this situation
so my answer isn't "that's the job of AutoQA". On the down side, I
don't really have any good answers on how to improve the situation.

How do we encourage people to use updates-testing? Once people are
using updates-testing, how do we encourage them to provide needed karma?

We're trying to figure out answers to those questions but at the moment,
nobody's come up with any easy answers. If you have suggestions on
either one of those, we'd love to hear them either on test@ or at the
proventester meetings (Wednesday @ 18:00 UTC - #fedora-meeting).

Tim