[Test-Announce] Note for people with EFI installs: install grub-efi!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Oct 12 16:26:56 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 16:30 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:

> > I think b) sounds closer to our goal here, if it does actually work that
> > way (I thought yum would just pick one of the obsoleting packages).
> > Peter?
>
> It will only pick up the replacement package if the package has a
> provides line as well.

No, it doesn't. I already tested that. If you do a 'yum update' with the
grub2 package that obsoletes grub, yum decides to remove grub and
install grub2, even though grub2 does not provide grub (we don't want it
to).

(My question was actually for p*jones*, who is maintaining grub2).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey