Subject: IMPORTANT: Mandatory password and ssh key change by 2011-11-30

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 17:41:53 UTC 2011

On 12 October 2011 17:44, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> All existing users of the Fedora Account System (FAS) at
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts are required to change their
> password and upload a NEW ssh public key before 2011-11-30.

I have to upload a *new* public key? Why should I have two sets of keys?

> * Nine or more characters with lower and upper case letters, digits and
>  punctuation marks.
> * Ten or more characters with lower and upper case letters and digits.
> * Twelve or more characters with lower case letters and digits
> * Twenty or more characters with all lower case letters.

This is just insane. My existing password is 8 digits and
alphanumeric, and given that I have to enter it over and over again
(and prove "I'm human", another WTF) when creating updates I'm really
wondering if I want to bother.

Talk about putting up barriers.

Richard.