Subject: IMPORTANT: Mandatory password and ssh key change by 2011-11-30

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Wed Oct 12 18:06:33 UTC 2011

> On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 10:51 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> their
>> >
>> > I have to upload a *new* public key? Why should I have two sets of
>> keys?
>>
>> Meant 'replacement'. You can only have one key in FAS, afaict.
>

> You can have more than one. Just paste them in place all together.
>

> And we're verifying key changes by checking the fingerprint of the
> pubkeys vs your prior ones.

It's really not a huge hassle.  I've already done it.  I configured the
.ssh/config files where I needed to, and it doesn't conflict with any
other keys I have.  I don't get what the big deal is.  The disruption is,
like, five minutes of work.  The potential benefit is unknown, but
certainly not zero.

Why wait for a breach to do this?   This is a perfect time.  Doing it
after the 2008 breach was wise.  This is better.

-J

> -sv
>

> --

in your fear, seek only peace