Fedora Kernel Team Meeting October 14, 2011

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 21:07:57 UTC 2011

Have some kernel questions you want to ask in a real-time fashion?
Want an overview of where the various Fedora releases are at in terms
of the kernel?  Have a really awesome idea for the kernel package you
want to share?  Then come join us for the first Fedora Kernel Team
meeting tomorrow!

We're going to hold the first public Fedora Kernel team meeting in the
#fedora-meeting channel tomorrow at 18:00 UTC.  We'll focus mostly on
a status overview, and discuss any questions people might have.  We'll
start with an unstructured meeting for now and see how it goes.  If
nothing else, you can come and wait for the inevitable "why don't you
ship nvidia kmod" type trolling.  Always good for a laugh.

One thing to note though, is that this is not a "report kernel bugs"
session.  Bugzilla is where that should be done, and the Fedora Kernel
Bug Days are for focusing on those.  So please, don't show up and
expect us to solve bugs on the spot.  We'll just queue it in with the
other ~900 we already have while trying to be civil.

So come hang out with us.  We're always looking to grow community
participation and this might be a great way to start.

josh