Sourcing one spec from another permissible?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 15:08:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/10/17 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>:
>> Is it technically possible to "source in" an spec from within a spec?
>
> If that really worth it, I would create a package dropping several
> macros into /etc/rpm.
> Then I could reuse them in the two different spec files.
>
> But I don't think moving macros that are only common between two spec
> files will enhance readability,
> because you will need to search the meaning into another spec file.
> And that will be difficult to maintain if you need adjustment for a
> given version.
>
> At least that concept is already used by various packages, including
> kmodtool, to extend the rpm macros set of functions.

Nicolas,

Thanks for speaking up! Now that you're here, I'd like your input on
my current plan:

Well, I think zfs currently relies on DKMS but if I'm going to all
this trouble I guess I could move it to akmods. I was going to use
akmod-nvidia as a template unless you know of a better one.

Thanks,
Richard