systemd - standard place to run stuff after the network is up?

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Mon Oct 17 17:26:16 UTC 2011

On Mon, 17.10.11 13:21, Simo Sorce (simo at redhat.com) wrote:

> > Note that you might still need to enable
> > NetworkManager-wait-online.servce with "systemctl enable" so that bootup
> > is delayed until NM configured a network. (more precisely: delay
> > network.target until NM configured a network).
>
> If this is done does it mean a potentially high number of services is
> started only after a user logged in and attached to a wireless spot ?

I am quite sure it does not wait for network ifaces which need user
interaction to work, and it will not wait for network interfaces which
haven't shown up yet (which makes the whole thing racy, which is another
reason why this is borked), and it will time out after 45s or so. I am
sure dcbw knows all the details.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.