synergy-plu, synergy, and gnome3

Laine Stump laine at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 18:01:22 UTC 2011

The version of synergy-plus currently in Fedora doesn't work well with
gnome3; I had noticed this because I couldn't get the mouse past the
menubar to an alternate screen configured to be "north", but there are
other problems as well:

   http://synergy-foss.org/tracker/issues/2958

Since the synergy package is orphanedin Fedora, I was going to file a
bug against synergy-plus pointing at the above report/patch, but then I
saw that synergy-plus and synergy have re-merged, and the project will
be called simply "synergy" in the future.

So, I'm wondering 1) which package I should file the bug against, and 2)
if we're going to switch back to synergy from synergy-plus, what needs
to be done (and by who) in the packages to make that happen.