API change: bump mapnik to 2.0 in rawhide?

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 17 19:02:29 UTC 2011

Hi there,

Looks like mapnik has been bumped from 0.7 to 2.0 upstream:

http://mapnik.org/news/2011/sep/26/release_2_0/

I am rebuilding mapnik in rawhide to fix broken deps, and I
was wondering if any maintainers of mapnik-dependent packages
had any opinions on whether updating to 2.0 would have any effect
on their packages.  Looking at repoquery, it appears only
gpsdrive is affected, but I'm not entirely sure that's the
most complete list:

$ repoquery --all --recursive --whatrequires --alldeps mapnik
gpsdrive-0:2.11-3.fc15.x86_64
mapnik-demo-0:0.7.1-8.fc15.x86_64
mapnik-devel-0:0.7.1-8.fc15.i686
mapnik-devel-0:0.7.1-8.fc15.x86_64
mapnik-python-0:0.7.1-8.fc15.x86_64
mapnik-utils-0:0.7.1-8.fc15.x86_64

Looking at the changelog, it isn't obvious whether this
introduces any ABI/API changes or not, hence this e-mail.

Cheers,
Alex