Building cpufreq modules into F16 kernel is it right or wrong?

alekcejk at googlemail.com alekcejk at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:40:06 UTC 2011

Frequency scaling have negative effects for me
so I need to have it disabled in BIOS.

I think that this is not BIOS option broken
but broken kernel with built-in cpufreq modules.
If hardware supports disabling frequency scaling
then should be possibility to do this.
BIOS have such possibility, Fedora kernels before F16
also makes it possible to use or not to use scaling.
But with F16+ kernels this becomes impossible.

--
Alexey Kurov <nucleo at fedoraproject.org>