API change: bump mapnik to 2.0 in rawhide?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Oct 17 21:45:19 UTC 2011

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:02:29 -0400 (EDT)
Alex Lancaster <alexl at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Looks like mapnik has been bumped from 0.7 to 2.0 upstream:
>
> http://mapnik.org/news/2011/sep/26/release_2_0/
>
> I am rebuilding mapnik in rawhide to fix broken deps, and I
> was wondering if any maintainers of mapnik-dependent packages
> had any opinions on whether updating to 2.0 would have any effect
> on their packages.
...snip...

Well, gpsdrive upstream is very slow to adjust and fix things. (or
think about releasing anything).

So, likely this will break gpsdrive...

If folks have time/energy to fix gpsdrive feel free, as I don't have
many cycles to fix it right now (and may in fact just orphan it).

kevin