[HEADS UP] rename cryptsetup-luks to cryptsetup and libcrypsetup version bump

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 16:40:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:40:33PM +0200, Milan Broz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> cryptsetup-luks name was old relict, so I decided to rename
> it back to cryptsetup (as in upstream and all other distros).
>
> With this change comes also update to 1.4.0 version which
> removes old API (not used for years) and it requires libcryptsetup
> library version bump.
>
> (Of course only in rawhide.)

So I did discover a weird problem with this update.  When running
the libguestfs test suite, cryptsetup sometimes hangs on this
command:

cryptsetup -q -d /tmp/luksFbnt2j --key-slot 3 luksAddKey /dev/vda1 /tmp/luksEKq45x

(where /tmp/luksFbnt2j and /tmp/luksEKq45x are two files containing
keys, and /dev/vda1 is a regular LUKS partition).

Previous cryptsetup commands run OK, and this same sequence of
cryptsetup commands has never been a problem with earlier versions.

It doesn't hang all the time, there is no error message, and I can't
reproduce it reliably, so I'm not ready to file a bug yet.

Does this ring any bells?

Rich.