Building cpufreq modules into F16 kernel is it right or wrong?

alekcejk at googlemail.com alekcejk at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:19:27 UTC 2011

Reindl Harald wrote:

> with VMware-Workstation and VMware-ESXi with ntp configured in the
> guests there is no time difference at all and i am working day
> and night with vrtualization and full power managment active

I assume that you didn't have my problem with wrong CPU frequency
in /proc/cpuinfo when cpufreq modules loaded.
Frequency reported here in /proc/cpuinfo is not equal
actual CPU frequency. That's why time difference between
VM's and host increases very fast.

--
Alexey Kurov <nucleo at fedoraproject.org>