systemd - standard place to run stuff after the network is up?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Oct 20 21:03:38 UTC 2011

Le jeudi 20 octobre 2011 à 12:40 -0800, Jef Spaleta a écrit :

> And NM's dispatcher.d capability doesn't allow you to define and
> remember per connection rules of the complexity you need?

The problem is mostly integration with networked apps, which are either
of the 'network can be up or not, if it's up always do foo' kind, or the
'can manage multiple networks, but expects all of them to exist at
startup'. There is a dearth of 'can manage multiple networks, that can
appear or disapper at any time' apps

Though I suppose they could be simulated with apps of the second kind,
connected to permanent local or virtual networks, dynamically routed to
actual external networks via dispatcher.d, but at this point that gets
too hairy for my tastes

--
Nicolas Mailhot