systemd - standard place to run stuff after the network is up?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Oct 20 21:23:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 19:10:04 +0200,
  Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:

> So, while my first response to this would be the suggestion to improve
> the sw in question to make it more robust to today's dynamic networking
> I do acknowledge that this is not always feasible. So
> here's what you can do instead:

Yeah it would be nice if netconsole allowed you to specify a network
interface in advance of it being up.

> Write a tiny service file /etc/systemd/system/foobar.service:

Thanks for the suggestions. I need to get more familiar with systemd
scripts for some other stuff as well. Snippets like this provide a way to
learn about it in bits and pieces and not have to digest everything at once.