BEWARE: a problematic glibc made it to stable (F16)

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 05:21:10 UTC 2011

On 10/20/2011 06:05 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:

> Except that Fedora _has_ been glibc's development platform for as long
> as I can remember.  The Fedora project might not think so, but it's
> exactly what upstream glibc does.

I am aware of this but our policies have changed and either they need to
get a exception and we should stop this.  We can't let individual
maintainers, regardless of legacy, override our consensus on how Fedora
should work without any consideration of how the distribution is put
together.  It is disrespectful of contributors who do follow the policy
even if they have disagreements with it.

> I'd vote for #1, but that's a much longer conversation that should be
> had upstream and before we even get close to bringing it to FESCo.

FESCo is the entity which can have that conversation with Glibc upstream
on behalf of Fedora.  Who else can?

Rahul