BEWARE: a problematic glibc made it to stable (F16)

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 14:36:59 UTC 2011

Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 1:21 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
>> FESCo is the entity which can have that conversation with Glibc upstream
>> on behalf of Fedora.  Who else can?

> The Glibc package maintainer.  I'm pretty sure he understands
> upstream, and FESCo should probably start the discussion with him
> first anyway.

I'm not exactly sure what glibc "upstream" (defined as people without
commit rights to Fedora git) have to do with this at all.  The issue
AIUI is that unproven glibc changes are getting committed to stable
Fedora branches rather than rawhide where they belong.  Surely, this
is a matter to discuss with the Fedora maintainer(s) of glibc and nobody
else.

And yes, I think it's about time for FESCo to step in and lay down the
law.

			regards, tom lane