Systemd conversion versus updates in back Fedora branches

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 06:49:04 UTC 2011

On 10/24/2011 03:52 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm really getting to the point where that's a completely unacceptable
> restriction.  I've already blown off one mysql bug-fix release in F15
> because of this restriction, and I see they just released another one
> that I'll be unable to ship in F15 because the systemd guys failed to do
> their homework, and there are likely to be several more before F15 dies.

Which failure is that supposed to be?

The "systemd guys" are not the ones that came up with any kind
update/upgrade/packaging policy so you are probably speaking of
FPC/FESCO here.

I think the general idea was that maintainer(s) open a ticket with FESCO
where they asked them to grant exception to the general rule and be
allowed to push unit files to the GA release should the need arise but
feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

JBG