BTRFS on LVM causes long fedora-storage-init run?

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Mon Oct 24 13:34:57 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 07:52:04PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Sat, 08.10.11 16:01, Richard Shaw (hobbes1069 at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Josef Bacik <josef at toxicpanda.com> wrote:
> > > What Tomasz said, and if that doesn't help use bootchart and upload
> > > the chart somewhere so I can see what's going on.  Thanks,
> >
> > Here's my bootchart link before making any modifications:
> >
> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34775202/boot.png
>
> Umpf. tmpfiles being that slow looks very weird. Only reasonably
> explanation I could have for that is that you have a really deep
> directory tree in /tmp/ or /var/tmp. What's going on there?

  tmpfiles being slow is nothing new, actually. Take a look at this:
http://pipebreaker.pl/dump/2011-10_bootchart.png
It's my test machine with btrfs / on old disk (20GB IDE Maxtor).
tmpfiles take 30s to run, without any special configuration.
  Oh, and its F15 system.  Is it worth putting few printf() inside
systemd-tmpfiles to see where's the time spent?

--
Tomasz Torcz                 "God, root, what's the difference?"
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl         "God is more forgiving."