Systemd conversion versus updates in back Fedora branches

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 14:52:13 UTC 2011

Honza Horak <hhorak at redhat.com> writes:
> On 10/24/2011 05:52 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The idea I have at the moment is to ignore the advice to check package
>> version, and instead have the triggerun script check to see whether the
>> mysql sysv initscript file is present.  I wonder whether anyone else has
>> dealt with this and has working scriptlets?

> We can prevent the repeated trigger run by using "systemd-sysv-convert
> --show" in the trigger, since systemd-sysv-convert only appends to
> /var/lib/systemd/sysv-convert/database:

I'm not really seeing why this'd be a better approach than what I
suggested above.  It requires more assumptions about the behavior of the
systemd-sysv-convert code than I'm comfortable with --- in particular,
that that subsystem still keeps information around after a conversion
has been completed.

			regards, tom lane