UsrMove feature (was Re: FESCo meeting minutes for 2011-10-24)

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Oct 24 18:31:38 UTC 2011

Once upon a time, Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> said:
> Cool idea. Next I suggest to stop using
> /bin
> /sbin
> /lib
> /lib64
> in F19, and not to create these links on freshly installed systems in F20.

That will (or at least should) never happen.  You might could eliminate
/sbin, but there are several things in /bin that are established
standards (such as /bin/sh for shell scripts).  /lib{,64} is part of the
ABI because of /lib/ld-linux.so.2 and /lib64/ld-linux-x86_64.so.2.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>