Upcoming elections for FAmSCo, FESCo, and the Fedora Board

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 24 19:53:43 UTC 2011

One of the things I like most about Fedora is the orderly way in which
people are able to move in and out of leadership positions within our
community.  Each development cycle, we have a set of elections for the
steering committees and for the Fedora Board.  The next election cycle
is nearly upon us, so I'd like to take this opportunity to share the
details of the upcoming elections with you.

As quick reminder, the nomination period for this election cycle will
open on 25 October 2011, and will close promptly on 5 November 2011 at
23:59:59 UTC.  The full elections schedule, along with more details
about the elections, can be found at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

I strongly encourage you to consider running for an open position in
one of the elections.  This is one way to serve your fellow community
members and help move Fedora forward at the same time.  Additionally,
I'm looking for a few volunteers to help with the coordination of the
candidate questionnaires and town hall meetings.  If you're willing to
help, please let me know.

== Fedora Board ==
This election cycle will fill two elected seats for the Board (seats
E1 and E2). Prior to the election I will also announce the first of
two appointed seat in this cycle (seats A1 and A2), with the second
appointment announcement to follow after the election. For more
information on nominations, and the process refer to:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board_nominations
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Elections
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/History

== FESCo ==
This cycle will also see four candidates elected to open seats in the
Fedora Engineering Steering Committee. For information on the
nominations and elections:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FESCo_election_policy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Development/SteeringCommittee/Nominations

== FAmSCo ==
This election cycle will also see candidates elected to fill all all
seven seats on the Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee.  For more
information, refer to:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_election_rules
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_elections
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_election_2011_nominations

== Candidate Questionnaire and Town Hall meetings ==
Additionally, the nomination period also serves as the time for the
community to present questions to be posed to candidates. If you wish
to ask questions to be answered by candidates, you can add them at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F17_elections_questionnaire. Candidates
will have the questions posed to them and responses made available to
the community before the voting period begins.

As we get closer to the elections, we will try to schedule several
Town Hall Meetings in IRC to help you get to know the candidates
better, and to ask them additional questions.

As always, I'm thankful to those who have given their time, talents,
and abilities to serve the Fedora community.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader