New bodhi bugfix release in production

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 22:26:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 02:59:51PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 17:18 -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
> > bodhi v0.8.3
> > ============
> >
> > Yesterday I pushed out a new bugfix release of bodhi into production. The
> > bodhi-client is currently on it's way to updates-testing for all releases.
>
> > Server fixes
> > ------------
> >
> > - Default to update ID-based URLs
> >     https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/632
>
> In case you hadn't noticed, response to this has so far been pretty
> negative. It seems people liked being able to tell from the URL what the
> update actually *was*. I must admit I do to. I've resorted to creating
> the 'old-style' URLs manually when I do lists of updates on test@ or in
> trac, now.

I'd be happy to revert this if the majority of people prefer the other
format. Bodhi will still use the n-v-r style URLs for the
updates-testing digests, but will default to the static IDs otherwise.
The biggest problem with using the builds in the URL is that the URLs break if they
are edited to add/remove/update them. I guess we could add some
additional logic to try and be clever and find the update even if one of
the builds is missing or modified.

luke