UsrMove feature (was Re: FESCo meeting minutes for 2011-10-24)

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Oct 26 08:46:43 UTC 2011

Dne 25.10.2011 20:24, Michał Piotrowski napsal(a):
> W dniu 25 października 2011 09:26 użytkownik Michał Piotrowski
> <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com>  napisał:
>> W dniu 25 października 2011 09:20 użytkownik Harald Hoyer
>> <harald at redhat.com>  napisał:
>>> please :) you can propose this as a separate feature for F18 :) Let's
>>> see, if it gets accepted :)
>> Ok, no problem.
> I created feature page
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F18MorePortableInterpreters
>
> I can help with it. I only need to know how to find all scripts that
> uses #!/bin/sh without installing all packages :)

If this feature will be rejected, may be the opposite, i.e. hardcoded
interpreter paths, should be codified somewhere in FPG? There is no
mention about shebangs at all, if I am not mistaken.

I personally don't care if there is used env or hardcoded path, but it
should be clear what is the right way for Fedora.

Vit