New bodhi bugfix release in production

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 26 11:35:00 UTC 2011

Adam Williamson wrote:
> In case you hadn't noticed, response to this has so far been pretty
> negative. It seems people liked being able to tell from the URL what the
> update actually *was*. I must admit I do to. I've resorted to creating
> the 'old-style' URLs manually when I do lists of updates on test@ or in
> trac, now.

And I've resorted to creating the ID-style URLs manually previously, and in
fact had found the change from IDs to packagename-version URLs in some
places (which has apparently been undone now) to be a serious regression.

The ID is a permalink, the packagename-version URLs are not, which means the
ID is a lot more useful. E.g. when Bodhi posts a link in Bugzilla using
packagename-version format, that link stops working when the update is
edited.

        Kevin Kofler