yubikey

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 19:45:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:11:25PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 09:57 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, Bodhi seems to do a damn good job of forgetting you're signed in.
> > > I've never tried to analyze this carefully, it's just a subjective
> > > feeling that I seem to have to log into it a hell of a lot...
> > >
> > It's supposed to be 20 minutes of inactivity (ie, make no requests to
> > fas/bodhi/pkgdb/elections in 20 minutes and your session expires).
> >
> > There's only one time that I've found this to not work when I've actually
> > measured it.  That was when we had time skew on our fas servers.  So when
> > a session was updated on one server, it updated the session information with
> > a timestamp far enough in the past that the next server to check the session
> > decided that it was expired.
>
> Well, 20 mins inactivity sounds about 'right', as in, it matches my
> experience. seems like a very short timeout, but maybe it's appropriate.

We've asked for feedback from some of our Fedora security people about best
practice here but I get the impression no one wants to commit on what best
practices are.  If you can find a best practice for idle timeouts somewhere
that I can read up on, I can certainly look at making the session last
longer.

-Toshio