glusterfs and hekafs release number for f16 and rawhide; systemd switch-over

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 13:29:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle at redhat.com> wrote:

> Up to now the glusterfs and hekafs versions and releases have been the
> same for f16 and rawhide, i.e.: glusterfs-3.2.4-1.x86_64.fc16.rpm,
> glusterfs-3.2.4-1.x86_64.fc17.rpm, hekafs-0.7-16.x86_64.fc16.rpm, and
> hekafs-0.7-16.x86_64.fc17.rpm.
>
> I did that because the source, thus far, is exactly the same for both
> f16 and rawhide. In f16 and rawhide both glusterfs and hekafs used sysv
> init.d scripts.
>
> Now for rawhide I'm going to switch to systemd. I know I can't switch to
> systemd for f16, so the question is, what scheme should I used for the
> release numbering?

Umm... Unless I don't understand your issue, which is possible since
I'm still working on coffee #2, you seem to be way over thinking this.

When I ran into this situation I just merged all the sysv and systemd
guidelines in the spec file and wrapped everything in "%if 0%{?fedora}
... %endif" statements.

For instance:

%if 0%{?fedora} > 16
Requires(post): systemd-units
Requires(preun): systemd-units
Requires(postun): systemd-units
%else
Requires(post): chkconfig
Requires(preun): chkconfig
Requires(preun): initscripts
Requires(postun): initscripts
%endif

Then use the same logic for installing the service files, the
scriptlets, and in %files.

Richard